Swim Safely – Ensure boaters can see you.
Chandos Lake has a 75 kms* shoreline. As a group how many times can we swim around it?
Summer 2022 is CLPOA’s 3rd Annual “Around Chandos Lake” Swim Challenge.
First year – 2019
Our group swam 928kms equal to 12 times around Chandos Lake
Second year – 2021
Our group swam 1,277kms equal to 16 times around Chandos Lake
Please join us if you:
- Can swim or float with a noodle.
- Can swim a little or a lot.
- Can swim every day or just the week you are on vacation at the cottage.
- Want to swim alone and track your own distance or create a team and work together.
One requirement – you must be swimming in Chandos Lake.
How to participate:
- Sign up as an individual or a team.
- Swim responsibly.
- Track your distances in metres.
- Submit your total on a weekly basis using the honour system.
All distances, no matter how small, will help us swim “around” Chandos Lake.
Start Date: As soon as you are brave enough to jump in the lake.
End Date: Friday, September 2, 2022 at 7:00 pm.
To Register >> REGISTRATION LINK
- If you swim out from the shore, use a spotter.
- Ensure you are visible to boaters.
- Swim with a buddy, not alone.
What counts as participation?
- If your arms and/or legs are moving, any style – Freestyle, Breaststroke, Backstroke, Butterfly, Dog-paddle – assisted by fins, swim noodles, flutter boards, life jackets, water wings.
- Face in or out of the water, with or without goggles or swim mask.
What doesn’t count as participation?
- Dipping your toe in the water
- Floating on an air mattress
- Swimming in a pool or another lake.
Any questions? Email firstname.lastname@example.org.
*Distance has been calculated using Geodistance.com measuring the shoreline including all bays.