To be seen is to be safe.
Thanks to the support of and
Swim Buddy Racers we will be given to 48 lucky participants.
If you would like to purchase your own Swim Buddy Racer or Touring please visit their website. Use our code “chandos2021” for a 10% discount.
REGISTRATION is now open
Register as a participant or a team. https://forms.gle/b9WhqM5Wf4f1SL9dA
Details about the Around Chandos Swim Challenge
With 75 kms* of shorelines, it is a challenge to swim around Chandos Lake during the summer. As a group we can do it.
In the summer of 2019, we worked together as a team, tracking our cumulative swimming distances, and we swam it not once but 12 times! Over 100 swimmers ranging in age from 3 to 80 – including three generations of some families and 15 Teams – participated in this fun and healthy activity. They swam a total of 928 KM – equal to 12 times around Chandos!
For Summer 2021 the 2nd Annual “Around Chandos Lake” Swim Challenge is on. Whether you’re swimming freestyle or the dog paddle, a kilometre or a few metres, at your cottage or Chandos Beach – everyone, at every age, can jump in and join the fun!
Four simple steps to participate:
- Sign up as an individual or member of a team
- Swim responsibly
- Track of your distance in metres
- Submit your total distance for the week using the honour system.
Each Friday by 9pm, participants submit their total swimming distance for the previous 7 days using an online form they will receive after registering.
*Swimmers are welcome to sign up anytime throughout the summer – even if you’re only here for a few weekends, a short rental period, or a 2-week vacation. All distances, no matter how small, will help us swim “around” Chandos Lake.
Date: Swimming distances will be tracked for 11 weeks. Week 1 submission will be Friday, June 25th and the final week 11 submission will be Friday, September 3rd at 7:00 pm.
Labour Day Weekend – Results will be announced.
- If you swim out from the shore, use a spotter.
- Ensure you are visible to boaters.
- Swim with a buddy, not alone.
- Adhere to Covid distancing guidelines.
What counts as participation?
- As long as your arms and/or legs are moving, any style can be used – Freestyle, Breaststroke, Backstroke, Butterfly, Dog-paddle – assisted by fins, swim noodles, flutter boards, life jackets, water wings
- Face in or out of the water, with or without goggles or swim mask
What doesn’t count as participation?
- Dipping your toe in the water
- Floating on an air mattress
- Swimming in a pool or another lake
Any questions? Email firstname.lastname@example.org.
*Distance has been calculated using Geodistance.com measuring the shoreline including all bays.